Ticks, they are nasty and gross blood-sucking parasites. They basically suck and are a bitch to kill of you get them. Ticks are also dangerous because they are carriers are diseased such as Lyme disease. Ticks need a living host to attach to and survive such as yourself or your dog. So if you happen to be a host to a tick, you are going to want to kill them as soon as possible. They will fall off after they are full of your blood but you do not want it to be sucking on your blood that long. The longer the tick is embedded under your skin, the higher the chance of it giving you a disease and laying eggs. You don’t want this to happen unless you’re weird or crazy. There are a few different methods to kill ticks.
Before you can kill a tick, you are going to need to know how to remove it. You will need a pair of tweezers, make sure that they are fine pointed.
- Find the area where the tick is under the skin.
- Grab the tick by the head, NOT THE BODY! you may release its toxins.
- Pull it straight up and I mean straight, DO NOT JERK IT! Parts may remain in the skin if you do.
- Hold the tick in the tweezers for a few minutes, DO NOT SQUEEZE THE TICK! This will release the toxins.
- DO NOT APPLY ANYTHING TO THE INFECTED AREA WHERE THE TICK IS BEFORE YOU PULL IT OUT!
Now that you know how to remove a tick, you need to know how to kill it. There are quite a few ways to do this:
- One way is to take a lit match to it while you are holding in the tweezers and quickly dispose of it by wrapping it in tissue and flushing it down the toilet.
- Drop it into some sort of container containing rubbing alcohol, cover it somehow and shake it up. Then completely dispose of it.
- Place the tick in a plastic bag and place it in the microwave and set it for 15-20 seconds. Dispose of the bag.
- You will know when the tick is dead because there will be a popping sound. Always make sure the tick is dead and completely dispose of it.
- Always treat the infected area with antiseptic and if you notice you are getting sick see a doctor.
- Removing a tick from a person or a pet is the same.
I have given you clear instructions on how to remove and kill ticks if you screw it up that is your own fault for being stupid. You have learned how to follow instructions from a young age, please use that knowledge now. If you are an idiot and mess this up, that is your own fault and I am in no way responsible so please do not attempt to sue me. I have a team of highly qualified lawyers that will kick your ass in court. Okay, I’m bluffing, you caught me. Still, be safe, follow the instructions or see a doctor immediately and no suing.